We’ve talked a lot about the International Code Council’s definition of a Qualified Person when it comes to Code Compliance and Inspections and often get asked, but what does it really mean? So, in effort to answer that for you, here is a little bit of information about our team and what it means to us to be a Qualified Person.
As defined by the ICC-300 2012, a Qualified Person is:
A professional trained in the proper and safe use, operation and repair of bleachers, folding and telescopic seating and grandstands and is knowledgeable in the requirements of this standard.
Our in-house Service & Maintenance team is staffed with full time manufacturer certified Service Technicians in dedicated vehicles. Prior to becoming a Master Technician, our team is required to complete a thorough training to ensure we are providing the best service to our customers. Our team focuses on Telescopic Seating, Athletic Equipment and Outdoor Bleachers & Grandstands.
Manufacturer training goes deep into the mechanics and engineering of the systems so our technicians not only know how to build and repair the bleacher seating or athletic equipment, they know why each part is vital to the overall operation and why it should not be modified from engineering standards.
We believe in investing in our Service Team with continued education and sharing that collective knowledge throughout our team to provide the best customer experience. We do this with manufacturer training support, internal training and mentoring, and through our apprenticeship program. With our team’s extensive knowledge, our technicians are able to maintain and repair all makes and models of equipment, not just the equipment installed by us. From Senior Level Manager to Apprentice, our collaborative effort provides you with quality service and quality products. Our Service Technicians span from 22 years with Farnham Equipment Company to our apprentices that have been with us for a year.
We don’t stop there, our Service Manager, Rocky Baker has 36 years of industry experience with Farnham Equipment Company and our products/services. He is also a member of the International Code Council, staying up to date on code compliance and standards. He has shared his expertise here locally and across the United States.
Based on our internal knowledge, that of our manufacturers, and of the International Code Council’s requirements (ICC 300, 2012), our team has created and been thoroughly educated on our Telescopic Seating and Outdoor Bleacher & Grandstand inspections. Additionally, through manufacturer recommendations on installation and operation, our team has implemented inspections for numerous types of Athletic Equipment including: basketball backstops, divider curtains, mat hoists, and volleyball equipment.
Further, our Master Technician program includes, but is not limited to:
- All technicians are required to complete Hussey Seating Company’s factory certification program. Hussey’s program requires several years of industry experience, dealer sponsorship, and is followed by a weeklong Hussey training course in telescoping seating. Upon completion of the training course, passage of a written exam is required to obtain a certification card with photo identification. This certification also requires you to maintain it by continuing to perform the work and maintain employment with the sponsoring company.
- All technicians are required to complete OSHA 30 Hour Safety Training before acquiring their certification status.
- All Technicians are encouraged to complete their First Aid and CPR Certification
- All Technicians are required to complete the apprenticeship requirements to become union, Journeyman Carpenters. FEC is a union signatory company and has agreements throughout Ohio with the local carpenters unions. All FEC employees benefit from union affiliation because of proper training, health & welfare programs and retirement & annuity funds. FEC also feels our customer’s benefit from union employee’s professionalism, quality of work and pride in their job. Additionally, our union affiliation allows us to meet and exceed all regulatory and compliance requirements for public work.
- All technicians are required to complete training and pass testing for operating any equipment and be a certified operator of same prior to use. Equipment includes, but is not limited to: scissor lift/aerial platforms, scaffolding, articulating boom lifts and forklifts of various types.
- All technicians are required to work towards factory welding certification.
- All technicians are required to have and pass a BCI and an FBI background checks on a regular basis to meet Title 3919.39 of the Ohio Revised Code.
It’s because of our thorough training that we stand behind our word and our work when we enter your facility. We do the heavy lifting and training so you do not have to.