Our in-house Service and Maintenance team is staffed with full-time manufacturer-certified Service Technicians in dedicated vehicles. Prior to becoming a Master Technician, our team is required to complete thorough training to ensure we are providing the best service to our customers. Our team focuses on Telescopic Seating, Athletic Equipment, and Outdoor Bleachers & Grandstands.
Manufacturer training goes deep into the mechanics and engineering of the systems so our technicians not only know how to build and repair the bleacher seating or athletic equipment, they know why each part is vital to the overall operation and why it should not be modified from engineering standards.
We believe in investing in our Service Team with continued education and sharing that collective knowledge throughout our team to provide the best customer experience. We do this with manufacturer training support, internal training and mentoring, and through our apprenticeship program. With our team’s extensive knowledge, our technicians are able to maintain and repair all makes and models of equipment, not just the equipment installed by us. From Senior Level Manager to Apprentice, our collaborative effort provides you with quality service and quality products. Our Service Technicians span from 22 years with Farnham Equipment Company to the apprentices that have been with us for a year.
We don’t stop there. Our Director of Service Operations, Rocky Baker, has 40 years of industry experience with Farnham Equipment Company and our products/services. He is also a member of the International Code Council, staying up to date on code compliance and standards. He has shared his expertise here locally and across the United States.
Based on our internal knowledge, that of our manufacturers, and the International Code Council’s requirements (ICC 300, 2012), our team has created and been thoroughly educated on our Telescopic Seating and Outdoor Bleacher & Grandstand Inspections. Additionally, through manufacturer recommendations on installation and operation, our team has implemented inspections for numerous types of Athletic Equipment including basketball backstops, divider curtains, mat hoists, and volleyball equipment.
- All technicians are required to complete Hussey Seating Company’s factory certification program. Hussey’s program requires several years of industry experience, dealer sponsorship, and is followed by a weeklong, on-site Hussey training course in telescoping seating. Upon completion of the training course, the passage of a written exam is required to obtain a certification card with photo identification. This certification also requires you to maintain it by continuing to perform the work and maintain employment with the sponsoring company.
- All technicians are required to complete OSHA 30 Hour Safety Training before acquiring their certification status.
- All Technicians are encouraged to complete their First Aid and CPR Certification
- All Technicians are required to complete the apprenticeship requirements to become Union, Journeyman Carpenters. FEC is a union signatory company and has agreements throughout Ohio with the local carpenter’s unions. All FEC employees benefit from union affiliation because of proper training, health & welfare programs, and retirement & annuity funds. FEC also feels our customers benefit from union employees’ professionalism, quality of work, and pride in their job. Additionally, our union affiliation allows us to meet and exceed all regulatory and compliance requirements for public work.
- All technicians are required to complete training and pass testing for operating any equipment and be certified operators of the same prior to use. Equipment includes, but is not limited to scissor lift/aerial platforms, scaffolding, articulating boom lifts, and forklifts of various types.
- All technicians are required to work towards factory welding certification.
- All technicians are required to have and pass BCI and FBI background checks on a regular basis to meet Title 3919.39 of the Ohio Revised Code.
Meet Your Service and Maintenance Team
I strive to provide information and options for customers, with the hope of helping their equipment last beyond its intended life cycle. I am someone to call when there are problems with bleachers or athletic equipment.
Efficiency, honesty, and customer service are my highest priorities when helping my customers solve the unique problems that face them.
I assist with both sides of our business, through my extensive knowledge of our products. I work on both Contract and Service opportunities, providing support to both the installation and service of our products throughout Ohio.
I am responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Service Department including managing, training, and supporting our Service Technicians.
Your equipment. Our solution.
Contact us for a quote or submit a Service Request. Submit Request
Whether you are a long-time customer or new to what Farnham Equipment Company has to offer, we want you to be able to make quick and convenient contact with the person best suited to answer your questions. Contact the following based on what you are inquiring about: